Basically after a combination of prising bits of plastic off, the occasional M5 screw that can be removed, I managed to get most of the casing removed. Sorry I didn't create a proper set of instructions on how to dismantle but I didn't really know what I was doing until it was finished.
The front bit of plastic was quite easy just to prise off using a screwdriver.
There are then some M5 screws on the bottom that are accessible
You can also get access to another two screws under plastic caps. One came out easily, the other I drilled out.
at which point most of the plastic can be removed
I kept testing to make sure that nothing I had done had broken a connection to the display.
I thought I was going to just use one of the screens but if I disconnected the brown ribbon cable from any the second screen the first one didn't display either. Therefore I'm going to have to (for now) integrate both screens into the goggles.
After removing as much of the plastic as I could and stripping the arms I've ended up with this:
I then taped up most of the loose and exposed cables. I now need to figure out if it can be embedded in some goggles...